Saturday 21 August 2010

Care in the Community

Have been very poorly the last few days - just for a change - doctor called and need to go see him on Tuesday as I have upped my shares in Rollerblading and the blood count has dropped extremely low which accounts for the affair with the kingsize snuggle! One minute I'm shivering and the next I am soaking from over heating!

Stevo had an interview in Petersfield yesterday and asked if I would go with him and that he would go the scenic route as I should get out of the house! I agreed - well this was strange having to get up, think about what to wear and make myself presentable all to a time scale!

The scenic route led to finding every pothole in Hampshire which felt like we were off roading - I spent 35 minutes holding my stomach, saying ouch and repeatedly asking are we there yet! This didn't actually help with his nerves either :)!

We made it to the town centre car park! Steve parked up and off he went to his interview leaving me in the car! Well I couldn't get out as he had parked so close to bike railings that my door wouldn't open - oh well I thought its raining anyway!

Thank goodness I didn't have to get out - there they were - cerise fluffy slippers on my size 6's. I started to chuckle thinking that just shows you how in a marriage you can just get too damn complacent! Steve had not even noticed and they are the brightest pink ever! My chuckling had been noticed by an old couple who gave me the "look at the nutter in the car" look and then the "Ah is such a shame she's not that old look!"

Still that took 20 minutes away. Down with the visor vanity mirror - it's so close - should have brought the tweezers! Thought I would check out the grey hair situation - what the hell - one eye naked! The other fully mascarered with a wonky eye liner! Oh dear I'm slightly out of practice! Now do I need to concentrate more and start writing checklists for normal daily tasks or do I need a carer!

Steve's interview went well and they have asked him back for a second - best leave him to do this one on his own!

I can't wait to start feeling better - today I haven't even got dressed and then ended up in so much pain from laughing at Steve slip up straight on his back on the wet decking - it was so funny and the marks left on his t-shirt look like tyre tracks - it was just so funny - he thought no-one was watching but I had just walked into the kitchen just in time to witness! He is now walking around like a bell ringer!

Connor is back from Alton Towers and the most you get out of him is "It was sick!" - welcome to the Harris household!

No comments:

Post a Comment