Wednesday 25 August 2010

Only me!

Things just aren't getting any easier - still heavily invested in Bodyform so another trip to the Doctors - well another new face at the surgery and the receptionists all know my first name now! Have you ever noticed that they all have the same hairstyle and colour! They are all styled by M&S too!

New doctor and she is so young - think she is newly qualified as she seems so timid and uneasy with the arrival of Mr and Mrs H! Talk through with her that I am not feeling any better and still roller blading so she advises quietly that she needs me up on the bed for an examination! Easy - not - its so high and there is no step in sight - anyway after stripping off and a most indignant climb I'm in position!

She has drawn all the curtains around me and I can hear her rustling around talking herself through her checklist of implements required minus a head lamp of course.

You can tell she is nervous as she shakily tells me that she will be using a speculum which may be uncomfortable. She gets the swabs that she needs and as she is collecting up her tools of the trade I cough - how embrassing - the speculum is now at the end of the bed and she is completely out of her comfort zone and Mr H is hyperventilating! Only me!

She also tells me that I am not allowed to start HRT until the infection has cleared - I'm sure that is not true and she just wanted us out of her room!

She calls the hospital and they will call me direct to go back in so another course of different antibiotics and now waiting for a call from the hospital! She advises me that this is not normal as I would have been fine if I did not have the infection or granulation - again only me!

Well I upset Steve today - he didn't get his job - he has several other interviews lined up so fingers crossed! I told him that there would definately be a vacancy at MI6 - he told me that I should be shot for being so sick! I thought it was quite funny.

The hospital called and I have an appointment for this Friday - hopefully this could put me on the right road! I mean by now I should be worn out from recouperation shopping trips etc not waddling around the same four walls and a couple of trips to half of Asda!

However I am feeling better in myself despite (head in gear) all these little challenges!

No comments:

Post a Comment