Wednesday 21 July 2010

Feeling sleepy on a Sunday afternoon..

The sun was beaming in through the wide room windows and Im in bed feeling warm, comfortable and refreshed and for the first time in a very long time relaxed. I seem to be drifting in and out of sleep.

I can hear the nirses talking about a colleagues recent wedding which had been talked about for several hours as they had a shortage of patients - only about 3 of use in the total wing. But hey I felt fine they were catching up with each other and it gave me time to relax with no obs constantly which yes they are necessary but so disruptive when you are trying to rest.

Jen and Kella arrive which is was completely unexpected and a lovely surprise. We sit and chat, soak up the rays = the only thing missing was a bottle of vino.

They leave and I'm feeling so tired and just snooze and snooze only waking myself intermittently by the loud roar of nostril thunder! A doctor arrives to ask how Im feeling. Great but tired I explain at which point I snooze again. Then she asks if she can do a blood test just to check all ok - off she goes and shes back 15 minutes later with another nurse and a blood reader. Maria your blood count is far too low we need to do a blood tranfusion. By now I feel like I have been smoking weed all afternoon which was all rather pleasant and she explains that this was not normal as I had been in and out of conscientiousness! She tells me they will order the blood and start in the early hours of the morning when they have more senior doctor cover available. You know thats fine I exclaim and snooze, feeling relaxed and weightless - sheer heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment