Wednesday 21 July 2010

One armpit to go......

after being up most of the night scuffling backwards and forwards to the loo and having 4 hourly obs done I'm knackered - still not a great deal of resting being done. The polish nurse is on again - she is wamr and friendly and works so hard - she covers the work of 4 english nurses who seem to trial behind her tutting as each task they attempt she has already completed! Food for thought as she has the 3 C's- content, caring and competent!

In between all the pain I haven't really given much thought to how I was doing or feeling so just plough on but still having problems with the shoulder. Its exactly the same pain that I suffered earlier in the year when Stevo decided to do his obligatory dutch oven which has left me with no feeling in the tips of 3 of my fingers on my right hand! Not to self - his is 9 years my junior!

Feeling grubby ask for a shower expecting to be chaperoned and pampered - sure its next to the loo - help yourself! Let me take off your stockings - that was one of the best offers I'd had in a while!

So standing in the leaking half shower is sheer heaven - 5 minutes of warmth and feeling slightly more comfortable. No arm level shelf for toiletries so all on the floor which was quite a struggle to get to the shower gel and back up again. Feeling quite cokcy I have now shaved one armpit and ready to move to the next and drop! One razor on the shower tray floor. Hey no problem - I can do this - like hell can ! I try the pick up with your toes trick but too much is now in the way with the swelling if you get me ! So I try and flick it in the air with my toes and catch - no chance not high enough! Try again - still not high enough - could I really justify buzzing a nurse dragging her away from her duties for 1 hairy armpit - nope. Out the shower which was a lower level - bend and success ! Back in the shower - shaved and ready to face the world. Now donning the new pjs xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment