Monday 26 July 2010

Not so sure about retirement

Well feeling a bit better today but Stevo away so he had handed my well being to my mum as Connor has work all day!

I thought it would be relaxing - how wrong was I! The phone rings - Babe be there at 10.30 to pick you up - I'm fine on my own I protest - Nope you can spend the day with Dad and I - no choice at 43 years old!

Lecture 1 at 10:30:02 - you should not be putting your stockings on by yourself
Lecture 2 at 10:30:10 - who put the washing on
Lecture 3 at 10:30:20 - who made the bed

and so on...... it was gonna be a long day!

Feeling much lighter than yesterday (lol) but still suffering from the most horrendous flushes not hot just bloody sweaty good job I'm no lady!

So after a visit to 2 different banks and to the VW garage (they are after a new car) and my Dad braking when the car in front is 2 inches away or brushing mirrors = I am ready to pass out! You must take it easy my mum keeps saying - I reply that Im trying to but she doesnt get it!


Dripping and dying of hunger we arrive at theirs. Sit on the patio I'm ordered and we will bring out lunch - thank god I sink into the chair!

Swiftly lunch arrives - remember my sugar levels are low - 4 cream crackers and a triangle of dairylea - I'm trying my hardest not to choke and laugh - "There love you must be starving!" Mum exclaims!

I listen to Dad belching after his cucumber and lunch is done.

I spend the afternoon on their sofa whilst they prepare dinner. I love them to bits but its made think how lucky I am to have youth and work on my side at the moment cos I think I would starve on 4 crackers a day xxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment