Wednesday 21 July 2010

The measure of success

After several confused phone calls from\to Steve the arrival of Dr Henney - hey you look at you you should be up - is everything ok I ask. Yes all taken nothing left all little and often and you be home soon. Great I smiled. My shoulder I point - she shrugs it off that it could be gas from the op and will go.

So see you Monday to get you home and see you in 6 weeks for HRT. Any questions nope great - big entrance and big exit! I'm still trying to catch up to say Hello but hey its alldone and thats that - onwards and upwards.

Take a breath in for me the nurse asks from the bottom of the bed ... yank - great catheters out! Yikes out I cant even get out of the bed or keep up with a conversation let alone find and make the loo.

Another nurse appears as I have buzzed to say that I need the loo but cant move because of my shoulder. After lots of heavy breathing and leg flying I'm up and on route to the loo. Ive made it ! I'm left there on the loo door open and pondering my thoughts which were..... bye bye bodyform!

No comments:

Post a Comment