Wednesday 28 July 2010

More roller blading to be done!

Well yesterday was non-eventful as I felt so so tired. After waking at 9.30 am and rolling out of the memory foam and really needing a dyson all overbody dryer I felt like an old woman.

For some reason every time I coughed or moved I had a pull on my belly button but from the inside - I felt like one of those pop up poppets but not quite being able to make the full blown push up appearance!

Anyway made my way to the sofa and spoke with my little brother and we were laughing about the cracker lunch yesterday - by the time I put the phone down I was in agony! but it was worth it as it was good to chuckle so much as we referred to yesterday as one flew over the cuckoos nest - lol !

Had a visit from mum and dad and they told me they had been to see my little brother as they were going on holiday adn my nephew had packed his case - all his books, frisbee and 1 pair of pants - bless him he is only 7.

Anyway slept on the sofa from lunchtime to early evening .... feeling very groggy - they don't tell you all of this in hospital - in fact they don't actually tell you anything what to expect etc. Steve had taken a call from the Docs in the afternoon advising that my blood count is still very low so I have to go and see them on Wednesday! That will probably account for the tiredness. Then get the lecture from my mum re eating liver and spinach and my Dad arrives with a present.

At this point I fall over - my dad, for those that don't know him, never just buys presents - in fact he doesn't even believe in buying cards for celebrations but he has bought me a present - OMG. Trying to get out of the sofa in quickly in excitment was quite a scene - waddle into the kitchen where he presents me with my gift....... a bottle of lactulose! Steve and I are rolling around on the floor now - "Great stuff" my dad exclaims "Helps soften your poo" - WTF! As per previous blogs I wasn't having a problem so why he thought I needed it I have no idea - "Thanks Dad you're the greatest" - I do worry about my parents thought process sometimes but they do absolutely crack me up - I thought I was in for a new bracelet or earrings but no I get poo softener solution!

Feeling rough again last night I suddenly need a bodyform which is why I was probably feeling so uncomfortable - feeling disappointed now as Steve and I, before the op, had a celebration in the sanitory towel aisle in Sainsburys by jumping up and down shouting hooray no more roller blading this will be the last packet!

No comments:

Post a Comment