Wednesday 21 July 2010

The morning after the night before....

A slight breeze was penetrating through the slightly open window and the sun was beaming through the wide ward window. A smiley malaysian woman had taken residence in the other ward bed. I smiled back.

Im so hot I told her trying to work out what day of the week it was and what time of day it was. A nurse appeared and smiled good morning. I could feel something wrapped around my right ankle but couldnt move. The nurse checked and it was my catheter line. Wow what a weird feeling not knowing if you are peeing or not and if you were knowing that it was taken care of anyway.

Check - the stockings were still on! Check - the shoulder was agony! Check the stomach - swollen and numb - was this success?

Black baseball hat clad woman appears - would you like breakfast - we have bread or cereal? I mutter toast please - sorry only bread we dont toast - ok bread it is then.

The bread arrives with a jam portion and scaled cup of tea only slightly out of reach!

The polish nurse arrives with a pretty smile.

Ok lets get you up and washed! Yikes up what the hell - I thought it was all rest! So have a sit in the chair wash with 1 working arm, white stockings still on but she admires my new tattoo and takes cares to wash it and cream it - sod the hysterectomy scar - but then has it happened noone has said a word about it? Perhaps it didnt happen? Back to bed and completely bewildered, in pain and confused.... sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment